Territory Capture introduces a new area of space called the Origin Sector. This area of space consists of zones that may be composed of one or more systems. Compete with other Alliances to earn the most points during a zone’s Takeover to own that zone and add it to your Alliance’s Territory. As long as your Alliance owns the zone, all members of your Alliance will have access to the benefits associated with that zone.
- There are no level restrictions around PvP ship combat in the Origin Sector.
- All systems in the Origin Sector follow Deep Space visibility rules.
- Every zone has a scheduled takeover time during which Alliances may sign up to join that zone’s takeover and score points.
Alliances that own zones can enjoy the following benefits:
- Owner Exclusive Housing - only members of the owning Alliance can relocate their stations to the Origin Sector.
- Players who continue to house their stations in zones that their Alliance do not own, will not be able to activate peace shields.
- Owner Exclusive Mining - Only members of the owning Alliance can mine in the Origin Sector systems.
- Mining ships can still be attacked by other players. The winning ship can steal unprotected cargo from the mining ship but will not be able to dock on the mine after destroying the mining ship.
- Services - Capturing a Territory gives the controlling Alliance exclusive access to purchase specific services related to that zone. Services offer buffs granted to all Alliance members, and can only be activated by the Alliance Admiral or Commodores. Higher tier Zones have more valuable services compared to low tier Zones.
- All Services obtained from capturing Zones stack together, whether they be from the same Zone, a different Zone or from the same Service type, and will last until the end of the next Takeover.
- Territory Capture requires specific resources that can be gathered by all Alliance members and are automatically transferred to their Alliance's inventory.
- Alliance members with the appropriate Alliance permissions (Admiral and Commodore) can spend Alliance resources to join Takeovers and active Services.
- Alliance resources belong to the Alliance and remain in the Alliance inventory even if the player who acquired them leaves the Alliance.
Make sure you visit our blog post for more information: Territory Capture Rules